Friday, March 20, 2009

Dinners March 21-28

Last week I did not get to the frozen lasagna and the lasagna skillet, so those are up again for this week.

New meals:
-Pork Tacos from my freezer (recipe)
-Sausage, Broccoli & Noodles (recipe below)
-Rotisserie Chicken (from the store) and potatoes
-Wanchai Ferry Sweet and Sour Chicken ($1.10 off coupon at www.coupons.com) I suggest adding an extra 1/2 cup of rice and 1 cup of water. Also, pick up some green pepper to add in)



Sausage, Broccoli & Noodles

3 pkgs ramen noodles, chicken flavor
1/4 cup lite sour cream
1 TB cornstarch
3 links Italian turkey sausage, casings removed (I think I will just get regular bulk sausage instead of removing casings)
3 cups broccoli flowerets (thawed, if from freezer)

1. Bring pot of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles 2 minutes, reserving seasoning packets for later. Drain and set aside. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cornstarch. Set aside

2. Cook sausage in larget skillet over med. heat, breaking up with a spoon, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.

3. Add broccoli, 1 cup water and 1 1/2 tsp of the ramen seasoning to skillet. Cover and simmer over med heat for 3 minutes or until broccoli is cooked through.

4. Remove cover and stir sour cream mixture into skillet. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce has thickened. Add noodles to skillet and toss to coat with sauce. Serve immediately

Sourece: Family Circle Magazine April 17, 2009 page 101

2 comments:

Saralyn said...

I like this new method. It's going to motivate me to plan ahead, I think. :)

Erin said...

good job Claire! You already motivated me to make a menu for the first time in my life and it really does help so much. Plus I odn't have to go to the store as much and I spend less--I just have to be organized, which doesn't come easily for me!